The 3rd generation of the Toyota Tacoma is a great truck made between 2016 and 2022 , and many people are looking to modify it to make it even better. There are a lot of great aftermarket 3rd Gen Tacoma mods available for this truck, and we have compiled a list of the 10 best ones. In this blog post, we will discuss each mod in detail and tell you why it is a great choice for your Tacoma. So if you are looking to improve your truck, read on!
List of 3rd Gen Tacoma Modifications
1. The first mod on our list is an upgraded suspension system. A good suspension system can make a huge difference in the way your truck handles, and it is a must-have for anyone who wants to take their Tacoma off-road. There are a lot of great options available, so be sure to do your research and find the right one for your needs.
2. Nothing improves the look of your truck like upgrading the bland, boring stock grille to one that is more attractive and modern. Consider adding a TRD Pro Grill to the front of your truck to bring that aggressive offroad look to your Tacoma! The number of grilles available is seemingly endless as you can select from the factory style to custom letters and raptor style lights.
3. Another great mod is a set of upgraded tires. A good set of tires can make a world of difference in terms of performance and handling, and they are essential for anyone who wants to take their Tacoma off-road. There are a lot of different options available, so be sure to find the right ones for your driving style and needs. You can opt for an all-terrain tire if you plan to do a lot of off-roading, or you can go with a more street-friendly option if you spend most of your time on the pavement. Either way, this is a large investment so be sure to do your research before purchasing. Also, make sure that you call around to multiple tire shops in the area as you will find that there is a big difference in price for the same tire depending on where you purchase from. We have even found that some dealers of other brands had the best price on a set of tires saving us hundreds of dollars over some of the other shops in town.
4. Next on our list is a set of aftermarket wheels. Wheels can make a big difference in the way your truck looks, and they can also improve performance and handling. There are a lot of different options available, so be sure to find the right ones for your needs. When selecting wheels be sure that you get the correct size. The stock Tacoma bolt pattern is six lug and five-and-a-half inches, or 6 x 5.5 if you have a 4 wheel drive. If you have a two-wheel-drive then the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5. You will need to find wheels that are compatible with this size. You will also need to take into account the offset of the wheel. The factory offset ranges from +0 to +22.
5. Another great mod is an upgraded exhaust system. An upgraded exhaust system can improve performance and make your truck sound a lot better. There are a lot of different options available, so be sure to find the right one for your needs. Upgrading the exhaust can also improve engine performance by reducing back pressure and improving airflow through the engine.
6. Next on our list of 3rd gen tacoma mods is a set of fog lights. Fog lights are essential for anyone who wants to take their Tacoma off-road, especially at night when visibility can be limited. Aftermarket fog lights are often brighter than OEM ones, and they come in many different colors so you can choose the ones that best match your truck.
7. When deciding what to do with your Tacoma, another great mod is an upgraded intake system. An upgraded intake can improve performance and fuel economy, and it is a must-have for anyone who wants to take their Tacoma racing. It does this by allowing air to flow more freely into the engine and reducing restrictions. You can find intakes for your truck that are designed specifically with this in mind, or you could buy a universal one from an aftermarket company like AEM Performance Engineering (AEM). There are a lot of different options available, so be sure to find the right one for your needs.
8. When looking at 3rd gen tacoma mods you can’t leave out a set of aftermarket light bars. These can improve performance and make your truck look a lot better. There are many different types of light bars available, including LED lights, xenon lighting systems and more! You’ll be sure to find the perfect set of light bars for your Tacoma.
9. The next mod on our list is a set of aftermarket bumpers. Aftermarket bumpers can improve the look and performance of your truck, and they are also great for off-roading. When looking at bumpers consider what type of accessories you want to install on them. Some things you may want to install are a winch, a bull bar or a brush guard. Depending on the style bumper you select you can install aftermarket LED lighting pods that will help you see in low visibility conditions. If you are looking at aftermarket rear bumpers the options are even larger as you can find them with tire holders, storage can hangers, and more. There are many different types of bumpers available, so be sure to find the right ones for your needs.
10. The next mod is a set of aftermarket fenders. These can improve performance and fuel economy, and they are also great for off-roading. Upgrading your fenders can allow for more clearance for bigger tires which means you may not need as big of a lift kit, saving you money! There are many different types of fenders available, so be sure to find the right ones for your needs.
So there you have it! These are the ten best aftermarket mods for the Toyota Tacoma. If you are looking to improve your truck, these are the mods you need to consider. Thanks for reading!